7th Grade Math 2016-17
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Stretching and Shrinking Unit - Introduction
Common Core Standards for this Unit:
Recognize and represent proportional relationships between quantities.
Identify the constant of proportionality (unit rate) in tables, graphs, equations, diagrams, and verbal descriptions of proportional relationships.
Use proportional relationships to solve multistep ratio and percent problems.
Goals for this Unit:
Understand what it means for figures to be similar.
- Identify similar figures by comparing corresponding sides and angles
- Use scale factors and ratios to describe relationships among the side lengths, perimeters, and areas of similar figures
- Use algebraic rules to produce similar figures
- Recognize when a rule shrinks or enlarges a figure
Reasoning With Similar Figures
Develop strategies for using similar figures to solve problems
- Predict the ways that stretching or shrinking a figure will affect side lengths, angle measures, perimeters, and areas
- Use scale factors or ratios to find missing side lengths in a pair of similar figures
- Use similarity to solve real-world problems
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Stretching and Shrinking
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)