Paper Pool Project- Click here to access.
Online Paper Pool Interactive site
Paper Pool Table- Click to Access
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017
Study Guide for Stretching & Shrinking Unit Test
Assessment will be on Thursday March 9th
- Apply coordinate rules to stretch or shrink shapes and then plot them.
- Understand ways that stretching or shrinking a figure affects lengths, angle measures,
- Draw shapes on coordinate grids and use coordinate rules to stretch (x, y), shrink and move the shapes.
- Determine the way that stretching and shrinking a figure affects lengths, angle measures, perimeters, and areas.
- Identify similar polygons and use scale factor and side length ratios to prove similarity between polygons.
- Calculate scale factor of two similar shapes and find measures of angles in similar polygons.
- Apply relationship of scale factor to perimeter and area.
- Use the properties of similarity to find distances and heights that you can’t measure.
- Use specific vocabulary appropriately, use the terms we have learned and discussed in class - specific vocabulary is posted in the classrooms as well as on the Math Blog.
Material to Review:
- Review and redo problems from the unit Check-ins, Checks for Understanding, warm up problems, in-class practice sheets.
- Problems from the text: Problem 2.2 (pages 30 & 31), page 32 the definition of similar (the two bullet points under the bold word), Problem 2.3 (pages 34 & 35), Problem 3.1 (page 52), Problem 41. B (page 83), Problem 4.2 (page 84), Problem 4.4 D (page 89).
- Unit Review in your book (pgs. 108-110) specifically #s 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
Click here to link to the Study Guide for the Stretching and Shrinking Unit Test. The answers accompany the documents.
The Reflection on page 104 #1 a,b; 2a,b and 3 is helpful to clarify your understanding.
Looking Back on p. 108-110
# 1a-f, 2 a,b and 5.